How can I easily generate a CSR for Blue Coat Proxy SG?
To generate a CSR for Blue Coat Proxy SG, please follow these steps:
1. Open the Management Console, then go to the Configuration Tab and to SSL/Keyring.*
2. Click the Create button
3. Enter the name of your Keying in the Keyring Name field and click OK
4. Then click on Apply and then click OK after the message telling you that the changes were commited is displayed.
5. Click on Edit/View once you have selected the newly created keyring.
6. Go to the Certificate Signing Request part and click on Create (be careful, your keyring must be selected from the Keyring drop-down)
7. Fill in the information required about your organisation and click OK:
- Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the https://www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com
- Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
- Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
- City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
- State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
- Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
- Private Key Size - Choose 2048 bits.
- Private Key Passphrase - Not required but if you fill it, it will be needed when importing your certificate.
8. Click Close
9. Then click on Apply and then click OK after the message telling you that the changes were commited is displayed.
10. Finally, click on Edit/View and copy the certificate from the Certificate Signing Request part
You are now ready to submit your CSR for the certificate you wish to install.